GENERAL DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Insider Travel Collection values your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Insider Travel Collection Ltd is required to use and maintain the data it holds on you and we endeavour to treat everyone’s data in the same secure manner, wherever you are from. This policy has been designed to explain the information we collect, how and why we collect it, and when it is used.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
When you call us, fill out a website form, email us, or book a holiday with us, all the data relevant to your holiday (or potential holiday) is collected securely in our database, and, depending on your chosen contact method, our emails.
DATA WE COLLECT
Personal data collected will usually include your full name, email, destination or holiday of interest, budget, and any other information you choose to divulge to us. When you book a holiday more detailed data such as your address, birth date, passport details, travel insurance and health are collected. We also collect information on your interests to ensure the most personal experience is designed specifically for you.
WHAT YOUR DATA IS USED FOR
Your personal data is used to fulfil our obligations to you, which include:
- Providing a holiday quote
- Discussing holiday arrangements
- Sending you the requested information
- Sending you e-marketing, if you have requested us to do so
- Booking your holiday
- Asking for feedback on our services
- Notifying you of any changes to your holiday
We never sell or rent data to third parties. When you book, this data will be passed on to the agent in your destination to ensure you have a safe holiday and your arrangements are held.
THE DATA WE HOLD MUST BE
- Used lawfully and transparently.
- Collected only for valid purposes.
- Relevant and limited to the needs of furthering the purposes of your enquiry or holiday booking
- To the best of our knowledge, accurate and up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary.
- Kept and destroyed securely.
HOW LONG DO WE HOLD YOUR DATA?
We will keep some records permanently, if we are required by law to do so. We may keep some other records for an extended period of time. The Insider Travel Collection is permitted to retain data in order to defend or pursue actual or potential claims. In some cases the law imposes a time limit for such claims (for example 3 years for personal injury claims or 6 years for contract claims). We will retain some personal data for as long as we believe it is necessary to be able to defend or pursue a claim, and delete it securely when it is no longer needed.
YOUR RIGHTS AND PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right at any point to access personal data we hold on you
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to object to use of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the use of any data to which consent was obtained
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our email newsletters are sent using MailChimp. MailChimp safely stores your name, email address and location so we can send you relevant marketing email campaigns and analyse responses. MailChimp may need to process personal data to perform some critical tasks, such as preventing abuse, and providing support. You can opt out or in to our e-marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe link in our emails, signing up to our newsletter via the sign-up page, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We use Google Analytics to review our website and find out such things as how many visitors we’ve had to a particular page. The Insider and Google do not attempt to identify anyone from this data. If you do not want your visit to be accessible via Google Analytics, you can opt out here.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We will keep this Privacy Notice under review. It was last updated in April 2018.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the personal data we hold about you or to exercise all your relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact us: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1264 513 007
start your journey nowCALL US ON +44 (0) 1264 513 007
or let us know your travel requirements and one of our specialists will be in touch.